Monday, March 19, 2007

"Fix It, and He Will Come..."

I got an email from my buddy Stewart today, who's a big Red Sox fan living here in New York also. He alerted me to the fact that he entered and won the "Cartoon Caption Contest" in the Boston Globe for last week.

The cartoon, as seen here, is a baseball coming out of the Ted Williams Tunnel in Boston. Stew came up with a great line: "Fix it, and he will come." (As many of you know, the Ted Williams Tunnel has had structural problems, including a motorist getting killed last year by falling debris.)
Stew was one of nearly 1000 entries last week. Here's a link to the story in today's Globe:
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/cityweekly/toons/

They seemed to be a little preturbed that someone living "so close to Yankee Stadium" won. But I can assure you that Stew's a dedicated Red Sox fan like me, living here in New York "behind enemy lines." Congrats, my friend!!!

1 comment:

Michael Leggett said...

Neither You, nor I, for that Matter, live Close to Yankee Stadium:

You're closer to both Keyspan Park & the site of the old Ebbets Field, whilst I'm closer to Shea Stadium;

NYC is a LOT larger than Boston's Area.