Thursday, December 28, 2006

Prayers For Bobby

Please say a prayer for Yankees announcer Bobby Murcer, who is having surgery today for a brain tumor in Houston. He was not feeling well last week and went and had an MRI on Christmas Eve and the diagnosis of a tumor was made.

I've honestly felt that over the years Murcer grew to be a better and better announcer, and I always preferred to watch games he did on the YES network over Michael Kay. I've always heard he's always been a genuinely nice man as well.

It was funny that on Christmas Day my niece Erin got a gift (which escapes me at the moment), but it had to do with the Yankees and number 2. It was obviously about Derek Jeter, but my brother-in-law Jack insisted it was about the "real" number 2 of the Yankees, Bobby Murcer. Jack's been about the biggest Bobby Murcer fan I've ever known.

I hope Bobby gets through this difficult time, and that he gets back to the broadcast booth at YES next season. Our good wishes go with him and his family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers, Indeed!

Light a Candle!

Anonymous said...

my thoughts and prayers are with him:)