Sunday, December 03, 2006

Countdown To Spring Training

Today I added a new feature to my blog: a countdown clock for Spring Training, that you can see above this post. The clock is courtesy of ClockLink.com.

I only wish the clock allowed me more letters to fully explain what it is counting down, as it is for February 15th, the day pitchers and catchers report for the Red Sox to Ft. Myers. (I picked 12 noon that day, as that seemed like a good round time.) The best I could do was put in "Spring Training." (The clock will also be a permanent feature of my blog.)

But it looks cool, and red I thought would be the appropriate color.

So it's 73 days and counting!!

6 comments:

Peter N said...

Nice...I'm going to try to add it to my blog, with FULL credit to you in the accompanying post. If I can...stay well, there ll be so much news this week!

BklynSoxFan said...

Good luck, and thanks Peter!

Peter N said...

I did it! After one hour of turmoil. I started mine from first pitch '07, in KC. Have a great week! And thanks, as always.....

Anonymous said...

I am all about countdowns ... I started a countdown last February ... my countdown for my first trip to Fenway ... it was 183 days ... LOL !

Anonymous said...

Q: I suppose this is the appropriate place to mention this, since it really is about our team heading into spring training: I just read on the Globe website that Lester is cancer-free and will be at spring training. Doesn't this just make your red sawx tingle?? I couldn't be happier for Lester and his family, which, in the way only true sawx fans can understand, I extend to all the true fans (that's right. I'm sayin' we're all Lester's family! Ich bin ein Lester!!).

BklynSoxFan said...

Emperor: I'm just thrilled to hear that Jon's lymphoma is in remission, and mostly for him as a person. Hopefully I'll never know just how difficult and scary chemotherapy is.

It sure was a great day for the Red Sox Family yesterday.

Bring on Spring Training. In how many days? Oh yes, my new clock says 71 days...