Thursday, February 03, 2011

My Childhood, In Seven Minutes

On Wednesday night, I was on Facebook, and Pat Dinizio of The Smithereens, who I am friends with on FB, posted a really terrific clip and it brought back some absolutely wonderful memories for me, and for any us who grew up in New York City in the late 1950s or 1960s.

It is a montage of the shows of WPIX, Channel 11, which has been an independent station for many decades (and still is). They had all kinds of cartoon shows and classic sitcoms, and I watched almost all of them: "The Munsters," "The Odd Couple", "The Honeymooners", "F Troop", "The Little Rascals", "The Three Stooges" and so much more.

Remember Officer Joe Bolton, Bozo the Clown and Captain Jack McCarthy? They are all here in this clip. As are "Magilla Gorilla", "Dick Tracy", "The March of the Wooden Soldiers", "Abbott and Costello" and the six fingers of "Chiller."

It's a great walk down memory lane. Thanks for posting the clip, Pat.

Enjoy:

No comments: