Saturday, September 01, 2007

Liverpool Romps as Site Meter Goes Wild

Liverpool went to the top of the English Premiership today with a 6-0 blasting of newly-promoted bottom feeder Derby County at Anfield today. Xabi Alonso and Fernando Torres each scored twice, as Liverpool is at the top for the first time in five years.

Good start for the Merseyside club so far in 2007-08. Could this be the year that they win the title for the first time since 1990?

Here is the story of today's match: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=219171&cc=5901

When I got up this morning, I checked my site and checked on how many hits I've gotten so far today. Normally Saturday is the slowest day of the week as far as people checking out my site. But I was amazed to see I've gotten nearly 150 hits so far as I write this. (normally it would be around 40). And they are from all around the world: South Africa, South Korea, Morocco, France, Ghana, Dominican Republic, Canada, Slovakia, Netherlands, and of course, dozens and dozens of folks from all over England.

A few days ago, I discovered that more people were coming to my site due to the Liverpool FC logo I've put on my site. And I discovered that if you go to Google Images and type in "Liverpool FC," the second image that comes up is the Liverpool logo with a link to my site. And with Liverpool tearing apart Derby County today, the numbers just soared.

I think I'm seeing a "Doug Mirabelli" connection here. Whenever Doug plays or does something good, it brings people to my site for the funny post I put up about him. So I guess whenever Liverpool plays (or does something like score six goals), I'll be seeing my Site Meter numbers go bananas. (And Doug comes off the DL this weekend. Bigger numbers!)

Welcome to all you Liverpool fans out there around the world.
Go Reds!!

No comments: