Saturday, September 15, 2007

Countdown to the Playoffs

Yesterday I updated my countdown clock, and now it refers to the start of the MLB playoffs, which begin with the Divison Series on October 3. No time is yet set for the first game that day, so I used 12 noon until I find an exact time.

Last night? Less said about that travesty the better. Terry Francona did an absolutely awful job of managing the pen in the eighth. I have a lot of respect for Tito's ability as a manager (he's the best Red Sox manager since Dick Williams), and he handles a bullpen far better than Joe Torre does, but he blew it last night by not having Manny Delcarmen or Jonathan Papelbon throwing when the inning started, and it cost them the game. Hideki Okajima is crashing down to earth, and it may finally be time to use Eric Gagne in the eighth, the main reason they got him.

That game took about five years off my life last night.

2 comments:

Jeff Faria said...

As Elmer Fudd once said about last night's game:

"Oh-h-h-h-h.... the howwah!"

BklynSoxFan said...

I didn't know Elmer was a Red Sox fan...