Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Thanks For The Memories, Smokin' Joe

I was sad to hear that the great Joe Frazier passed away on Monday at the age of 67. I was always a Joe Frazier fan. He was the heavyweight champion when I was a kid, and I remember a friend of mine and I found his mailing address and he sent us both a small autographed picture, which I have buried someplace in my house. (I hope one day I can find it.)

I never liked Muhammad Ali, who I always thought was an obnoxious loudmouth. I pulled for Joe in their three epic battles. Smokin' Joe always carried himself as the heavyweight champion with class and dignity.

And in his memory, I present one of his best post-fight career moments. His Miller Lite Beer commercial. A classic:



Thanks for the memories, Champ. Godspeed.

No comments: