Sunday, September 25, 2011

Three Hundred Grand

We had our 300,000th visitor to The Mighty Quinn Media Machine since I put up the SiteMeter tracker in April 2006 (a month after I started the site) at 4:00 AM this morning, a person who came to my blog from New York via my Facebook post about the good things that happened yesterday.

I appreciate all of you who take the time every so often to check out my ramblings here. All you make it such a joy for me to write this blog. Thank you so much.

I am off this morning to my annual 5K Tunnel to Towers Run, recreating the route that hero Firefighter Stephen Siller took on the morning of September 11, 2001 in giving his life that fateful day. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Adam Kenny said...

Q:

I ran this year in the Tunnel To Towers as well. I've only taken part the past two years and both times been absolutely blown away by the event from start to finish. I run in a # of races throughout the year. This is the best event by far. It's an amazing day. Hope you enjoyed the hell out of yourself as well. Certain you did.

AK

BklynSoxFan said...

I had a wonderful run, Adam. Really enjoyed the atmosphere of 30,000 runners and being part of something special. I ran with my late friend Joyce's picture attached to my shirt, as she was lost in the WTC. High-fiving with the firemen and leading cheers with some cheerleaders as I ran by were two highlights. Glad you enjoyed it, too!