Monday, September 26, 2011

You Play 60 Minutes, Not 30

Yesterday until 11:34 PM was simply murder.

The Red Sox sleepwalked through Game 1 of the doubleheader, then I had the pleasure of watching the Detroit Lions pull off an amazing comeback over the Vikings, 26-23 in overtime, the first Lions win against the Vikings in 13 games.

When I saw it was 20-0 at halftime, I thought that the Vikings better score early in second half, and not repeat what happened against Tampa Bay last week, and San Diego on the opening weekend: namely, pissing away a halftime lead.

Sure enough, once I saw Detroit on the board with back-to-back scores at 20-10 and the Vikings doing nothing, I knew another comeback was in the offing. The Lions aren't the patsies they've been over the last 30 years or so, and are now 3-0 for the first time since 1980.

The Vikings look like a Super Bowl contender in the first half, and candidates for a high draft selection in the second half.

It's going to be a long season in Minnesota, folks.

As I was ready to go completely bonkers yesterday, Jacoby Ellsbury saved me from destroying my TV set late last night. And I am very grateful to him for that.

No comments: