We had six teams in for Trivia Night at Josie Wood's, and I was pleasantly surprised to see my old friend Billy's wife Danielle and her friend Linda in. Billy had supported me on my opening night and suggested his wife come out, and I thank them for it.
The teams were very enthusiastic and it was a terrific night, as everyone was really into it.
The team of Triv and Let Die wound up the winners, getting 38 points and winning by 8 points. Brosef Stalin finished second.
Best Team Name: Back Door Babes
1. What Boston-based rock band won MTV's first Best Video Award in 1984?
2. The Beatles won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year just once, for what album?
3. What popular country singer's father once played for the 1969 Miracle New York Mets?
4. What US state was Michael Jackson born in?
5. What soul singer was shot to death by his father in 1984?
6. What future rap star was, as a 13-year-old youth, an advisor to Oakland A's baseball team in the 1970s?
7. Which R&B legend had hits with such songs as "Sex Machine" and "I
ve Got In My Pants?"
8. What legendary jazz musician was nicknamed "Satchmo?"
9. Of the four major awards, Oscar, Emmy, Grammy and Tony, which one has never been won by Elton John?
10. What US city is Graceland located in?
1. Unforgiven, Crimson Tide, The French Connection
2. Wall Street, Major League, Platoon
3. Bonnie and Clyde, Network, Chinatown
4. Hannah and Her Sisters, Sleuth, The Cider House Rules
5. Titanic, Sense and Sensibility, The Life of David Gale
6. True Grit, The Quiet Man, Stagecoach
7. Patton, Dr. Strangelove, The Hustler
8. Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany's, My Fair Lady
9. Glory, Philadelphia, The Mighty Quinn
10. Bull Durham, Dead Man Walking, The Witches of Eastwick
1. What is the longest river in North America? ( 1 pt)
2. What star sign would you be if you were born on October 1st? ( 1 pt)
3. What is the world's largest desert? ( 1 pt)
4. What is the largest Protestant denomination in the US? ( 1 pt)
5. What is the largest island in the world? ( 1 pt)
6. What city is the Wailing Wall in? ( 1 pt)
7. What country do the most tourists who come to the US come from each year? ( 2 pt)
8. In what field of endeavor is the Fields Medal awarded? ( 2 pt)
9. The rand is the monetary unit of which country? ( 2 pt)
10. Riga is the capital of what European country? ( 3 pt)
1. Aaron Burr, Garret Hobart and Hubert Humphrey all at one time held what position? ( 4 points)
2. The UN has estimated that what country may lose as many as 31 million people in total population by the year 2050? ( 4 points)
3. Earl Anthony, Mark Roth and Pete Weber were all champions and big money winners in the 1980s in what sport? ( 3 points)
4. The earthquake that registered the highest on the Richter Scale in US history (9.3 in 1964) occurred in what US state? ( 4 points)
5. What author had the best-selling fiction novel every year from 1994-2002, except for 2001? ( 5 points)
1. The Cars ("You Might Think"); 2. "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band;" 3. Tim McGraw; 4. Indiana; 5. Marvin Gaye; 6. MC Hammer; 7. James Brown; 8. Louis Armstrong; 9. Emmy; 10. Memphis.
1. Gene Hackman; 2. Charlie Sheen; 3. Faye Dunaway; 4. Michael Caine; 5. Kate Winslet; 6. John Wayne; 7. George C. Scott; 8. Audrey Hepburn; 9. Denzel Washington; 10. Susan Sarandon.
1. Mississippi; 2. Libra; 3. Sahara; 4. Baptist; 5. Greenland; 6. Jerusalem; 7. Canada; 8. mathematics; 9. South Africa; 10. Latvia.
1. Vice-President of the United States; 2. Russia; 3. bowling; 4. Alaska; 5. John Grisham.