Monday, April 11, 2011

Buzzsawed

Nice to see the Josh Beckett of the 2007 postseason pitching Sunday night, and he held New York to just 2 hits and no runs over eight innings. He retired the last 14 New York hitters, and brought back pleasant memories of both the 2003 and 2007 playoffs.

Always nice to take a series off the Yankees, especially when Joba Chamberlain proves to be the scrub pitcher he really is and gives up key runs.

The Sox left runners absolutely everywhere and continue to struggle to get the big hit, but you can just sense an offensive bust-out is about to happen throughout this lineup.

Now if we can get more performances like Beckett's tonight on a consistent basis, this opening week horror show of a losing streak will be a distant memory.

I like the fact the Red Sox locked up Clay Buchholz earlier today to a four-year deal worth a total of $29.7 million. Despite the slow start, he is one of the AL's best pitchers and in the long run this will prove to be a wise move.

Saw this commercial with Alec Baldwin for New Era tonight for the first time. Pretty cool actually, but I do have one question.

Who exactly is John Krasinski? He looks familiar to me. (My friend Ken informs me he is on the TV show "The Office." Don't really watch that show, and I know I'm one of the few folks who doesn't.)

No comments: