Monday, October 04, 2010

Minaya, Manuel Both Out

It's about bloody time, especially in Minaya's case.

Jerry Manuel and Omar Minaya will both be fired today, as the Mets clean house after yet another disappointing season in Queens.

I have to admit that while this is a step in the right direction for the Mets, having those jugheads the Wilpons running things still makes me less than optimistic for the Mets' immediate future.

It's an important off-season for the Mets, as they need to fill those two positions with the right people. Otherwise the Mets will continue to be the other team in New York.

The Wilpons remind me way too much of the Dolans, and that's NOT a good thing.

4 comments:

Jere said...

You were ALL over "Four Days in October"!

BklynSoxFan said...

I can't believe it, Jere. It was footage not used in the 2004 World Series Film. I watched it at Thom's tonight, and I'll have more about it on the blog on Wednesday night.

Jere said...

It looked like there was Game 6 ALCS footage too from the Riv, but I could be wrong. If I'm right, I'll have to look closely for myself, but only if it was that (less desirable) upper room.

BklynSoxFan said...

That was the Game 5 footage, Jere. I can always tell because I am wearing a home jersey. I wore the home jersey for all home games in 2004, and the road jersey for all the road games.