Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Yes, That Was Me On ESPN


I was at Professor Thom's on Tuesday night for my usual night of Trivia, but before that aired, ESPN showed "Four Days In October," a terrific documentary about the Greatest Comeback in MLB History. The bar turned on the sound and a crowd gathered to watch it.

They showed each Red Sox win in detail, and when they got to Game 6, they resurrected some of the footage of Red Sox fans watching the games at The Riviera Cafe in the West Village. It was used in the 2004 World Series Film.

And front and center in it, was Yours Truly. I was really proud to be part of the footage (which was actually shot during the Game 5 win, but used in the World Series video as the Sox were about to win it all).

But there was lots of footage that was not used back then, and "Four Days In October" used it for Games 6 and 7. It was so cool seeing it while I was at Thom's last night.

And the above photo was taken by my buddy Ennis, who lives in Maine, and is a one-time Thom's regular. You can see me at the bar in this one after Game 5 ended, with my glasses off in a state of exhaustion. (And there was still plenty of great stuff to come.)

Again, I'm proud to be a part of a great documentary. Something I can show the grandkids one day. Something I can take to my grave with me.

Thank you, Red Sox. Always.

No comments: