Monday, October 26, 2009

Changes Are A-Comin'

We are going to begin to make a few changes to our beloved "Tuesday Night Trivia" starting this week. It won't be anything of a radical nature, but it's always nice to bring in new things to give them a try.

This week, the General Knowledge category will still be seven questions, but they will now have different point values, much like "IQ Trivia." There will now be three 1-point questions, three 2-point questions, and one 3-point question, for a total of 12 points for the round.

We will also be having as a recurring Q Train category, an audio round. This week it will be "Audio Movie Quotes." There will be 10 famous quotes from movies and you will tell which film it is from. But since the Q Train is a lightning round, they will only be repeated once, and not be repeated at the conclusion. So, as always, do pay close attention from the beginning of the round.

This week's Special Category will also be a recurring category, called "Q Are You?" I will give you three facts about a current celebrity, and you will tell me who it is.

So I hope that all of you who have been loyal to our Trivia Night will enjoy these changes. We will still have five categories and end with the 20-point IQ Trivia, so as you can see, the format we have been successful with these 3 1/2 years will remain. Feedback is always encouraged, so you're welcome to drop me a line to let me know what you think.

The Sneak Peek question for this week is:
A solo performance of an opera is called what?

We'll get rolling at 9 PM tomorrow night, and we had a big crowd last Tuesday. So I hope to see many of you then for the "New and Improved Trivia Night!"

5 comments:

Jay said...

I do have to say that I'm favor of the point changes-I've always felt that IQ trivia was weighted too heavily, almost making the first 4 rounds close to meaningless as long as you were reasonably competent. So I hope this goes well, I support the change for sure.

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks for the feedback Jay. I have heard that before about IQ Trivia, and we've been considering making the first rounds worth more points. We'll see how it goes...

Unknown said...

I like having the special category be more vague. I think folks were "studying" too much which made it nearly impossible for newcomers who just came in off the street to compete when everyone else had spent their day at work looking up Michael Douglas movies or whatever. Looking forward to the changes!

Rick said...

“The key to change... is to let go of fear.” - Roseanne Cach

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks for your feedback, Melinda. I'll try to be more vague!! And thanks for the words of wisdom, Rick...