Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Hot Seat Awaits

Well, a dream will come true today.

Today is the day I tape "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" at ABC in New York. Since the first night I saw it in August 1999, I dreamed of being in The Hot Seat, and taking a crack at winning $1 million. I could never get through by phone when the show was hosted by Regis Philbin, but once it went to syndication, I took the test many times. I passed it on four occasions, but I was never selected for the contestant pool.

Well, last July I took it again, passed and went all the way to be picked to be a contestant. In many ways I never thought it would happen, but today I will meet Meredith Vieira (a big Red Sox fan) and finally discover what the pressure of sitting in The Hot Seat is really like.

I want to thank everyone for all their love, support and good wishes over the last few days. I will do my very best, and hope to do a respectable job.

I can't tell you how I did today via this site, as I have to keep it quiet until the show airs. But I will pass along the air date when it is given to me.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Rick said...

good luck

Rick