Monday, April 27, 2009

I Love Fenway So Much That I Ate It

I was at Professor Thom's watching the Red Sox game last Friday and the game was going into extra innings (thanks again Jason Bay). And in the middle of it, I saw a cake being brought out that totally blew me away.

It was a birthday cake in a perfect shape of Fenway Park!

My friend and BLOHARDS member Peter Collery was having his 50th birthday at the bar, and they rolled out this tremendous cake. I can only imagine how much it cost and how long it took to make. It was made by a place over in Chelsea (Ruthy's at 16th Street and 9th Avenue). They should be very proud of themselves. (My thanks to my friend Meryl Pearlstein for the cool photo.)

And I had a piece of it, and it was delicious.

Never thought I'd see the day when I could say that I actually ate a piece of Fenway...

2 comments:

Matt said...

Strikingly realistic...did it have one red seat in the right-field stands?

BklynSoxFan said...

Funny, I didn't notice, Matt. I'll have to ask my friend Joe who coordinated the cake about it...