Sunday, August 31, 2008

Red Sox and Trivia: Perfect Together

Earlier today, my friend Peter over at Peter's Red Sox Forever alerted me about a cool new widget that he just put on his fine blog. It's called "Question of the Day" and they ask a different Red Sox trivia question every day. Today it was about Bill Mueller's batting average when he won the batting title in 2003 (and sure enough, I got it wrong). You can choose the correct answer, and it will tell you the percentages of everyone who took a guess at the question (and it will tell you if you are right or wrong).

Since we are big on trivia here, I have put the widget on the left side of the blog. So for you Sox fans, one other little entertaining thing on this site. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks to Peter for telling me about it.

I also put up a new countdown for my countdown clock. Since the waiver trade deadline has just passed, it's time to count down to the MLB playoffs. I have yet to hear the exact date and time, but I believe it will be the Wednesday after the season ends, and that is October 1. I selected 12 noon on that day as well, as it's a good round time.

One month to go.

3 comments:

Peter N said...

You're very welcome. Hey, you got the first one wrong? Me too, but today (it's early right now on Monday), I nailed it. I think your readers will like the widget, just another trivia facet of John Q. Have a great Labor Day. Pete

BklynSoxFan said...

Very much appreciated, Peter. Have a great day today, too.

BklynSoxFan said...

BTW, the pitcher who threw that no-hitter in 1965 (won't give it away) DIDN'T also pitch a perfect game too, so the question is actually incorrect...