Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Best Burger in New York

I'm a guy who loves burgers. There's no way in this world I could ever become a vegetarian, as you might as well ask me to stop breathing first before I'd give them up for good.

Earlier today I was informed by my friend Horton, a fellow diehard Red Sox fan, that Citysearch New York is conducting an online contest to determine which New York restaurant has the best burger. And his fine establishment, Tavern on Jane, has been selected as one of the finalists in the contest.

My friend Deborah and I were at Tavern on Jane just a couple of weeks ago, and naturally I had one of the burgers. I had had them before on a few occasions and I can attest as to how good they really are.

So, even if you haven't been to Horton's place, which is in the West Village on the corner of Jane Street and Eighth Avenue, not far from 14th Street, you can still cast a ballot for him. You can vote in the contest by going here. And if you're ever in the neighborhood, definitely drop in. It's a quality bar/restaurant with great hospitality and service.

You can vote only once from your computer. I thank you very much, and Horton thanks you all, too.

2 comments:

Peter N said...

John, it's only 6:10 AM and you made me want to fire up the grill. But breakfast will come first! I hope your Labor Day weekend is going great, and I wanted to tell you this...I added a new widget to my blog, a Red Sox trivia one. It gives one Sox question every day, and so far, I'm zero for one (but I was close!).
Be well, JQ...Pete

BklynSoxFan said...

Hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend too, Peter. I'll head on over and check out the daily Red Sox trivia question...