Saturday, November 24, 2007

"Twisted Steel"



The other night I was surfing the web when I came across this very special clip from YouTube. It is of Ian Hunter, the legendary singer and guitarist from Mott The Hoople, and a song he wrote a few years ago called "Twisted Steel." It is a tribute to the 9/11 victims, and Ian and myself both have something in common regarding it.

Ian also knew my friend Joyce, because he is married to her cousin.

The video is a poignant tribute to her and all the victims. It is mostly film clips of the aftermath of the worst day in our history, and lasts just under three minutes. Ian also dedicates the song to Joyce every time he plays it live. I saw it for the first time the other night, and I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Nice job Mr. Hunter. I'm sure you've made Joyce proud.

2 comments:

Jere said...

When I lived in Danbury, CT, I'd see Ian all the time. He lived either in Danbury or a surrounding town. While working in the music section at the Borders there, we'd have Ian sightings all the time. Always just shopped quietly, but stood out no matter how hard he tried to be anonymous. Cool that he wrote that song, I wasn't aware of it.

PS Nice job by the Vikes! I stopped following the NFL a while ago but I'll always be anti-Giants. Looked like a REALLY fun game from the highlights.

BklynSoxFan said...

I've always heard that Ian's a great guy. He was also present at my friend's memorial service back in 2002, when I did a eulogy for her that day.

Big time win for the Vikings today. I never would have thought they'd do this to the Giants, and I'll have more about on a new post later on.