Monday, May 15, 2006

A Weekend Washout

It was a weekend in Boston that was neither fit for man nor beast. After a horrible Friday that saw a game that shouldn't have been attempted at being played, the Red Sox and Rangers were rained out on both Saturday and Sunday. That will mean that they will have to play a five game series when Texas returns to Boston the weekend of June 9th. That will probably mean two doubleheaders that weekend (of the "day-night" variety of course).

We were supposed to get the same rainy weather here in New York, but it never turned up. New England got the full brunt of it. All three days here were rather pleasant. I had a nice Mother's Day with my family, and got to see my nieces and nephews. We watched both the Mets and Yankees lose on TV.

This rotten weather also killed me fantasy baseball-wise, as I have some Red Sox and Rangers players on my teams.

The Red Sox now head down to Baltimore, with Josh Beckett scheduled to take the hill tonight. And guess what? Rain is in the forecast, as well as for Tuesday and Wednesday.

I hope we can finally see some decent weather by the time I get to see the Red Sox play the Phillies in Philadelphia on Sunday.

1 comment:

Michael Leggett said...

While, I'll be at Shea on the Sunday Night Game, when inmates from "The Asylum For The Criminally-Idiotic" are on a day pass.

I despise the "Bleacher Cretins."