Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Trivia Champion Again

Last night I regained my Trivia Night championship at Professor Thom's. This is the fifth one I've won this year. Last night was a small turnout at the bar, probably due to the upcoming bad weather. I went solo last night (as "The Omnipotent Q"), and won by three points. The wild card round was "Disaster Films" and that was my bonus round. I did really well in it, and it was a catalyst to my victory. I will of course, defend my title next Monday night, and before it's all over, I will be the sole owner of Professor Thom's!!

The Red Sox won a laugher last night over the Orioles, 11-1. Josh Beckett gave up a solo homer to Miguel Tejada in the first inning, but then settled in to allow only one other base runner over the next six innings. He improved his record to 5-1. Wily Mo Pena, Jason Varitek and Mike Lowell all hit homers, and Terry Francona won his career 500th game. The Red Sox now have beaten the Orioles 12 straight times, dating back to last September.

Curt Schilling will take the mound tonight in Baltimore in search of his 198th career win, weather permitting of course.

4 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

Some things never change.

Found another Red Sox Location @ 43 E.7th Street, btwn 2nd Ave & Cooper Sq, called "Standings".

I'll check it out for "The Nation", here.

FINY said...

Don't worry, next week, when my team rolls in once again, you'll have a much tougher battle on your hands :)

BklynSoxFan said...

Bring it on FiNY!!
I do so love a challenge!
BTW, nice article on your blog this morning.

FINY said...

Thanks babe, there's another one up there now you may enjoy. It involves me and some yankees fans wearing pink.