Monday, May 22, 2006

Monty Python's Back on PBS

After tonight's Mets win over the Yankees, I was surfing my TV and came across an old favorite on Channel 13, the PBS affliate here in New York. "Monty Python's Flying Circus" is back on Channel 13 after an 18-year absence! (It has been on BBC America here in the US, but I do not get that cable station on my TV. I wish I did.) I'm so glad to have it back, as in my youth I got hooked on it back in the mid-to-late 1970s. It turned me into a huge fan, and I still am today. I never get tired of watching it. Back in the 1970s, Channel 13 showed a Monty Python episode every Sunday night at 10:30 PM, and it followed a number of other great British sitcoms that were broadcast at 10 PM, like "Fawlty Towers," "To The Manor Born," and "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin."

Channel 13 has brought it back on Sunday nights at 11:30 PM for one hour (two episodes). Tonight I caught the second episode, "Crunchy Frog."

"Monty Python's Flying Circus" brings back such fond memories. Glad to have you back, guys.

The official Monty Python web site is: www.pythonline.com. Definitely worth checking out.

1 comment:

Michael Leggett said...

Was At Shea last night;

"A-Fraud" heard it from both sets of fans;

Those ESPN Games are long, just like on FOX;

I love "The Lumberjack Song"