We had 13 teams in for Trivia on Wednesday night, and it was another spirited crowd that joined in. It was a close race for the first three rounds, but we had separation after the General Knowledge round, and the team of Quick Pick won convincingly, getting the best score in IQ Trivia, getting four right and winding up with 49 points. They had a few straight second place finishes in previous weeks, but now enter the winner's circle. My congratulations to them.
DIMS finished in second place, with 37 points, and NFI (No F**king Idea) finished third with 36 points.
Best Team Name: Multiple Scoregasms
1. What American classic rock star suffered a seizure after his group's Monday night show in Brazil last week and forced the cancellation of the band's South American tour?
2. Playboy founder Hugh Hefner died last week and it was revealed that he purchased a crypt in an LA cemetery and will buried next to what iconic celebrity?
3. MLB announced last Friday they were renaming the World Series MVP trophy after what legendary living player, who once played on a World Series winner but wasn't the MVP?
4. 22 people were killed and over 20 injured in a stampede on a bridge near a railway station in what Asian country last Friday?
5. Tom Price, who was what member of President Trump's cabinet, resigned last Friday over his misuse of private planes?
6. Seven people were arrested at a pop music concert in what Middle Eastern country after waving a rainbow flag in a wave of ant-gay arrests last week?
7. Americans Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael Young were jointly awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in what field last Monday?
1. What two card suits in a standard deck of cards are colored red?
2. Airing in 2013, the massacre known as "The Red Wedding" occurred in what TV drama series?
3. What current MLB team was established in the NL in 1871 as the Boston Red Stockings?
4. What actor reprised his Oscar-winning role in the 2002 film "Red Dragon?"
5. What author wrote the best-selling novel "The Hunt For Red October?"
6. Anthony Kiedis and Chad Smith are two members of what popular rock band?
7. Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding Was a main character in what 1994 Oscar-nominated film?
The Q Train: Odd Numbered Trivia
1. This is the number of years of marriage marked in a sliver wedding anniversary.
2. In tennis, this number represents the first point in a game.
3. In Islam, Muslims are required to pray this many times a day.
4. This is the number of letters in both the Turkish and Norwegian alphabets.
5. Hall of Fame athletes Wilt Chamberlain and Dan Marino both wore this number.
6. Alfred Hitchcock directed a film called This Number Steps.
7. Alaska is this numbered US state to enter the Union.
8. The left fielder in baseball is represented by this number.
9. This is the total number of amendments to the US Constitution.
10. The debut album from Adele is entitled this number.
1. What is the technical name for one's voice box? ( 1 pt)
2. Nairobi is the capital of what African country? ( 1 pt)
3. What popular annual sporting event has been called "The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports?" ( 1 pt)
4. What is the minimum age for a person to serve in the US House of Representatives? ( 2 pt)
5. What Olympic sport uses the smallest ball? ( 2 pt)
6. In England, what is a rubbish tip? ( 2 pt)
7. In 1981, what beverage was named the official state beverage of New York State? ( 3 pt)
1. Hippophobia is an abnormal and persistent fear of what animal? ( 4 points)
2. What eastern US city has more bridges than any other city in the world? ( 4 points)
3. What superstar British rock band was banned from the city of Boston in 1975 and never played there again after thousands of fans caused $50,000 worth of damage before tickets at the Boston Garden went on sale? ( 5 points)
4. What was the first color film to win the Academy Award for Best Picture? ( 3 points)
5. In 2011, what singer became the oldest ever to have the number one album on Billboard Album Chart, and it was also his first ever number one album as well? ( 4 points)
1. Steven Tyler; 2. Marilyn Monroe; 3. Willie Mays; 4. India; 5. Health & Human Services; 6. Egypt; 7. medicine.
1. Diamonds & Hearts; 2. "Game of Thrones;" 3. Atlanta Braves; 4. Anthony Hopkins; 5. Tom Clancy; 6. Red Hot Chili Peppers; 7. "The Shawshank Redemption:."
The Q Train: Odd Numbered Trivia
1. 25; 2. 15; 3. 5; 4. 29; 5. 13; 6. 39; 7. 49; 8. 7; 9. 27; 10. 19.
1. Larynx; 2. Kenya; 3. The Kentucky Derby; 4. 25; 5. table tennis; 6. garbage dump; 7. milk.
1. Horse; 2. Pittsburgh; 3. Led Zeppelin; 4. "Gone With The Wind;" 5. Tony Bennett.