We had a great turnout at Professor Thom's last night, with 19 teams taking part, and lots of new faces and young ones as well. That was good to see, and I'll bet the crowds will pick up more as the fall goes on. It was a loud crowd that was really into the Trivia last night. It was close throughout the evening, with the top five teams just seperated by four points heading into IQ Trivia. But it was the boys from DIMS who locked up the victory, getting 4 of 5 correct in IQ Trivia and getting 55 points. They just missed a "perfect game" by one question they got wrong in the Italy Trivia round. Congrats to them on another great win.
Second place went to Helen Keller's Answering Machine with 52 points, and Our IQ Is Higher Than Rex Tillerson's with 49 points.
Best Team Name: I Went To Massage Harvey Weinstein & All I Got Was An Audition
1. What NFL player apologized last week when after talking with a female reporter, he said "It's funny to hear a female talk about routes."?
2. Congressman Tim Murphy, from what eastern state, resigned last week after admitting he had an extra marital affair with a woman he also encouraged to get an abortion?
3. What rap star was arrested last weekend in Washington state on a charge of rape, which he strongly denied?
4. Actress Rose McGowan called out what actor/director, calling him a liar and to "f**k off" after he tweeted the allegations against Harvey Weinstein made him "sick"?
5. Galen Rupp became the first American man to win what city's marathon race since 2002 last Sunday?
6. What much-anticipated movie sequel earned $31 million at the box office last weekend to become the number one film in the US?
7. Chris Foerster, the offensive line coach of what NFL team, resigned earlier this week after a video of him surfaced where he was snorting cocaine through a rolled up $20 bill?
1. What is the name of Italy's largest island?
2. How many times has Italy hosted the Olympic Games?
3. Who is the patron saint of Italy?
4. Venice's international airport is named for what Italian traveler and explorer?
5. What is Italy's second largest city in population after Rome?
6. Christopher Columbus was born in what Italian city?
7. Who was the last Pope born in Italy?
The Q Train: Celebrity Real Names
1. Jamie Foxx
2. Sandra Bullock
3. Katy Perry
4. Kate Winslet
5. Joaquin Phoenix
6. Sylvester Stallone
7. Jon Stewart
8. Bruno Mars
9. Christina Aguilera
10. Justin Bieber
1. What does "AC" stand for in the abbreviation "AC/DC?" ( 1 pt)
2. What is the state of Maine's most populous city? ( 1 pt)
3. What current nation was called Hibernia in ancient times? ( 1 pt)
4. In what state would you find "Old Faithful?' ( 2 pt)
5. The songwriting trio of Holland, Dozier and Holland wrote 25 Top 10 hits for what record label? ( 2 pt)
6. According to the Girl Scouts, what is their best-selling cookie? ( 2 pt)
7. In championship darts, how many points are awarded when the red inner circle of the bullseye is hit? ( 3 pt)
1. The Lake of Death and The Sea of Tranquility are both located where? ( 4 points)
2. What movie bad guy was voted the American Film Institute's "Worst Villain of All-Time"? ( 5 points)
3. "Earth in the Balance" was a 1992 book written by what American politician? ( 3 points)
4. On what 1980s sitcom did First Lady Nancy Reagan make a famous guest appearance to talk about drug abuse? ( 4 points)
5. Queen Victoria's 1840 wedding is credited with popularizing what tradition? ( 4 points)
1. Cam Newton; 2. Pennsylvania; 3. Nelly; 4. Ben Affleck; 5. Chicago; 6. "Blade Runner 2049"; 7. Miami Dolphins.
1. Sicily; 2. three (1956, 1960 & 2006); 3. St. Francis of Assisi; 4. Marco Polo; 5. Milan; 6. Genoa; 7. John Paul I.
The Q Train: Celebrity Real Names
1. no (Eric Bishop); 2. yes; 3. no (Katheryn Hudson); 4. yes; 5. no (Joaquin Bottom); 6. yes; 7. no (Jonathan Leibowitz); 8. no (Peter Hernandez); 9. yes; 10. yes.
1. Alternating current; 2. Portland; 3. Ireland; 4. Wyoming; 5. Motown; 6. Thin Mints; 7. 50.
1. The Moon; 2. Hannibal Lecter; 3. Al Gore; 4. "Diff'rent Strokes;" 5. White bridal gown.