Monday, August 11, 2014

An Eerie & Sad Coincidence

This maybe the most incredible coincidence I have ever seen in my life.

I was home channel surfing before dinner, and came across the 1998 Robin Williams film "What Dreams May Come," about a man who dies and tries to find his wife, who has also recently passed away, in the afterlife. I had seen the movie many years ago, so I put it on and watched it for about 15 minutes.

And then my iPhone goes off, with the news bulletin: "Actor Robin Williams dies at the age of 63."

Stunned disbelief doesn't cover this adequately. I've seen some amazing coincidences in my life, but this takes the cake. The sad news was that the great comedian and actor was suffering from severe depression, and may have committed suicide.

He was a marvelous talent, and "Good Will Hunting" and "Good Morning Vietnam" are among my favorite films.

I hope he can find peace on The Other Side.

Here is a clip from "What Dreams May Come":



But my favorite clip from any Robin Williams film is from "Good Will Hunting," when Sean describes the events of the night of October 21, 1975:


Thank you for sharing you gifts with the world, Mr. Williams. Rest well.

No comments: