Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Davy Jones: 1945-2012

I was very saddened to hear about the passing of Davy Jones, one of the lead singers for The Monkees, of a heart attack at his Florida home at the age 66.

Like many of you out there, I grew up with the Monkees. I watched "The Monkees" when the show first ran in the late 1960s, but I remember them more when she show went to syndication in the 1970s. They were on every Saturday, and I always watched them. The show was always fun.

The Monkees are proudly in my iPod, and the music is really timeless. Antenna TV shows "The Monkees" every Saturday and Sunday, and I would guess they will show a marathon of shows at some point in Davy's memory.

Here I present Davy doing a cool acoustic version, with Seth Swirsky, of "I Wanna Be Free", from 2010. (With thanks to my friend Jeff Polman for the clip.)



Thanks for all the great music, Davy. Godspeed.

No comments: