Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Putrid Loss to a Putrid Team on a Putrid Night

I'm not going to write much about this horrible loss by the Red Sox tonight. (But I did feel like doing what the pictured gorilla is doing after the bottom of the sixth ended.)

They walked 11 batters tonight, the most since August 2006. And they let a golden opportunity to make up ground in the AL East go right down the toilet.

They squandered a six-run lead on a rainy night to the awful Royals, who clearly aren't rolling over to the Red Sox like the Orioles did. I hope this wakes the Sox up and they take note.

It reminded me too much of that awful night in Baltimore in July. A rainy night when I was praying five innings could be played so the Sox could get perhaps a rain-shortened win. Starter leaves and the bullpen implodes.

And I do NOT want to see Manny Delcarmen in anything but garbage time for the remainder of this season. Or in October, for that matter.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Somebody remind me not to read this blog over breakfast.

BklynSoxFan said...

Sorry, Matt. I couldn't resist the vomiting gorilla after what I saw last night. See you tonight for Trivia...