Thursday, September 17, 2009

Don't Let the Yankee Fan Win

I received an email this morning from a young man named Tom Hartwell. Tom, a big Red Sox fan, is doing something special for the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation, which helps those afflicted with autism.

As many of you know, two of my nephews are affected by this terrible disease, which has no known cure. Tom is currently raising funds to fight it, and he's also in a battle with a colleague of his who is also raising money for the organization. That, of course, is a good thing.

But Tom also told me that if his rival wins the contest, he will present a check to the Foundation wearing a Yankee hat at Fenway Park!

So Tom reached out to me in search of help. So, we can't let this guy show up in Fenway wearing such a monstrosity, so I encourage you all to help him out in his quest and pass this Yankee fan so Tom can present a check wearing his proud Red Sox paraphernalia.

Tom's running down on time, as he has until just this coming Monday to pass the Yankee fan. I encourage all my loyal readers to give Tom a hand in his quest. And you'll be doing something special for all of those affected by autism, and those who love and care for them, too.

Click this link to see Tom's fundraising page, and where you can donate.

Good luck, Tom. The Nation's behind you all the way!

No comments: