Monday, October 20, 2008

We Danced On Their Lawn!

It's a pretty depressing day if you're a Red Sox fan, with the ALCS Game 7 loss last night. But the above picture should bring back some pleasant memories.

It was four years ago today that Joe Castiglione was heard to say on the radio at its conclusion: "The greatest victory in team history!"

Red Sox 10, Yankees 3. Tonight I'll be watching that game on video, as it never fails to put a smile on my face.

As Mike Barnicle said after that glorious postseason on the HBO special "Reverse of the Curse of the Bambino," "We danced on their lawn!"

Could it really be four years ago already?

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Q, all I have to do is think of that game and I smile. Amazing.

BklynSoxFan said...

I know, Suldog. It always makes me feel good, no matter what's going on in my life at the time.

Thank you, Red Sox.