Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Trophy Invades New York

This coming Friday night at about 7 PM, Professor Thom's will have a special visitor grace its premises. The 2007 World Series Championship Trophy will be stopping by for a viewing for all Red Sox fans to enjoy.

Currently, the Trophy is in Canada, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. A group of fans there called the Bluenose Bosox Brotherhood petitioned the Sox brass with tons of emails requesting a visit, and yesterday and today it has been on display for the Red Sox fans up there. (Yes, there is a large group of Sox fans in Eastern Canada, and in Nova Scotia in particular.) Pictured here is my friend Don (on the right) with some friends at the Nova Scotia viewing on Monday.

Manhattan gets its turn with the Trophy on Friday. The good folks from Bombo Films, who shot the documentary that I was a part of (and will be released in a few months) will be there to capture the night on film.

I was at the 2004 Trophy Viewing at the Yale Club across from Grand Central back in November 2004, and it was a tremendous day, one I'll never forget. I got many pictures, including a solo one of me that I used as a Christmas card later that year.

I'll have more information as it becomes available. (Check also my buddy Chris' site as well: http://professorthoms.blogspot.com.) It should be a great night for all New York-based Red Sox fans!

No comments: