Friday, January 04, 2008

46

Yes, it's that day again.
Yours Truly is having a birthday today, and just like last year, here is my "online" birthday cake. (I used it last year, and I liked it so much, I thought I'd bring it back.)

I'm not doing anything too special today, but I will be a having a few friends for dinner tonight. (Why do I think of Anthony Hopkins when I write that?)

By the way, today is also "National Trivia Day." I am proud to share my birthday every year with that observance. I have nothing planned as far as trivia today, just to say that the next Trivia Night at Thom's is this coming Tuesday night.

I have now walked this Earth for 16,801 days, and that is exactly 46 years. I really don't feel that age to be honest. But it does boggle my mind a bit when I think I turned 21 25 years ago. A quarter-century ago.

Wow, that is depressing. Now I do feel old.

No matter, I'll get over it. If you are also celebrating a birthday today along with me, I hope it's a good one for you. We also share a birthday with such diverse people as Sir Isaac Newton, Doris Kearns Goodwin (author and big Red Sox fan), Floyd Patterson, Ted Lilly (Cubs pitcher), Michael Stipe (R.E.M.), and James Bond (no, not the British secret agent, but an American ornithologist). But further research shows that Ian Fleming was a fan of Mr. Bond's book of birds, and used his name for his 007 character. (I never knew that. You learn something new every day.)

That would make for a good trivia question. And I found it on National Trivia Day.

8 comments:

MA said...

happy birthday john :)

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks Vittoria.....and thanks a million for Wednesday night, I'll never forget it. :-)

Michael Leggett said...

You're thinking of Hannibal The Cannibal Lechter:

46 Is ONLY A #;

Enjoy!

s1c said...

Happy B-day!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the liver and fava beans. Don't forget the chianti.

Peter N said...

Happy birthday....and 45 doesn't sound old to me! I doubt that that will make you feel better, but anyways, happy belated birthday.

Peter N said...

46...same thing!!!

BklynSoxFan said...

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes, my friends. I enjoyed myself last night with family and friends.