Wednesday, September 11, 2019

18

It has been incredibly 18 years since the attacks on the World Trade Center occurred on September 11, 2001. In many ways it feels like it was nearly a lifetime ago, and in some ways it feels like it was only yesterday.

Children who were born on that day can now drive, vote, serve in the military and legally drink. That sentence makes me feel really old.

A day doesn't go by that I don't think of that terrible day, and the wonderful friend I lost that day, Joyce Carpeneto. As readers here know, I remember her and all the 9/11 victims every September 11th on this blog with a post connected to Joyce. I have done it every year since I started the blog in 2006. And I always put up links to the previous remembrances if you'd like to go back and check them out.

For the 18th consecutive year, I will be at the ceremonies to remember Joyce and all the 9/11 victims. It is a sacred day for me, and I will there every year that I am alive and able to be there. It is also comforting to meet up with friends who have the same shared experience I do. I will also be at the "Calling the Names" ceremony at St. Paul's Chapel on Wednesday afternoon, and I will be once again honored to read some names of the 9/11 First Responders who have died in the last 18 years.

Please do say a prayer today for all those lost 18 years ago today, as well as all victims of terrorism.

Here are the previous years posts I put up here:
2006: Forever Missed. And Forever Loved.
2007: Never Forget. Ever.
2008: We Can Be The Ones Who Remember
2009: The Most Sacred Of All Days
2010: 3000
2011: Ten Years After
2012: 11 Years
2013: No Other Place In The World I Could Be Today
2014: Always And Forever Family
2015: I'm The Lucky One
2016: Joyce and Alice
2017: Tower Records Forever
2018: A Great Honor For Me This Year

No comments: