We had 10 teams in for Trivia last night, and our friends from DIMS weren't in, due to other commitments. But my old friend and onetime Trivia regular Charles Evans was in, and it was such a pleasure to catch up with him and his friends. So we had another wide open Trivia Night last night, and the top four teams were separated by six points going into IQ Trivia. But the team of John Triviolta pulled out the win, getting 4 of 5 correct in the round to end with 45 points and the victory, their first ever. Congratulations, guys!
Second place went to Turkey Club with 39 points, and third place went to Cabin Fever with 38 points.
Best Team Name: Scottie Didn't Know This Was a Boston Bar
1. Actor Peter Fonda recently died at the age of 79. Name 1 of the 2 films he received Oscar nominations for.
2. What politician’s game-worn high school basketball jersey was sold at auction for $120,000 last week?
3. What musical icon, who died last year, was found to have had as much as $1 million in uncashed checks in her possession during a recent inventory of her possessions?
4. What talk show host announced last week that he and his wife of 22 years are divorcing, and this will be the seventh divorce?
5. Name 1 of the 2 Democratic presidential contenders that ended their White House bids over last two weeks.
6. What singer revealed on Twitter last Thursday that she was fired from the animated film “Hotel Transylvania” after photos surfaced online of her posing with a penis-shaped birthday cake with her ex-boyfriend?
7. What rapper’s publisher hit Spotify with a copyright infringement lawsuit last week, alleging the streaming service has no license to stream hundreds of his songs?
1. The Purple Heart medal features the image of what US president?
2. What Pulitzer Prize-winning author wrote the novel “The Color Purple?”
3. The Purple Dragons were a street gang in what animated cartoon series?
4. Who wrote and directed the 1985 film “The Purple Rose of Cairo?”
5. In the board game “Clue”, what character is represented by the purple token?
6. Prince released his critically acclaimed album “Purple Rain” in what year?
7. Name 1 of the 2 NFL teams that uses purple as its primary uniform color.
The Q Train: True or False Trivia
1. JFK was 46 years old when he was elected president.
2. Lord Horatio Nelson, the hero of Trafalgar, suffered from seasickness.
3. Usher, Beyoncé and LeAnn Rimes were all winners on “Star Search.”
4. The USA network was originally the Madison Square Garden Sports network.
5. Bananas weren’t commonly eaten in the US until after the Civil War.
6. The novel “To Kill a Mockingbird” was set in Georgia.
7. Nadia Comaneci was the first female gymnast to score a perfect 10 in The Olympics.
8. Africa is the largest continent by area in the world.
9. The Harry Potter series is the highest-grossing film series in history.
10. The Union Jack is found on one US state flag: Alaska.
1. How many symphonies did Beethoven compose? ( 1 pt)
2. "Forrest Gump" was originally released in what year? ( 1 pt)
3. How many spikes are on the Statue of Liberty's crown? ( 1 pt)
4. On which finger do human nails grow the fastest? ( 2 pt)
5. Who was Richard Nixon's first vice-president? ( 2 pt)
6. Between bat, octopus and snake, which animal is totally deaf? ( 2 pt)
7. What planet was nicknamed "the planet of dreams" due to its color? ( 3 pt)
1. The Bank of America is headquartered in what southern US city? ( 4 points)
2. What product would you buy or consume in an enoteca? ( 4 points)
3. Helen Keller was co-founding member of what organization in 1920? ( 5 points)
4. What book in the Bible does Samuel L. Jackson quote in the film "Pulp Fiction?" ( 3 points)
5. What American author has penned 58 novels in his career, with 7 written under the pen name "Richard Bachman?" ( 4 points)
1. Peter Fonda; 2. Barack Obama; 3. Aretha Franklin; 4. Larry King; 5. John Hickenlooper and Seth Moulton; 6. Miley Cyrus; 7. Eminem.
1. George Washington; 2. Alice Walker; 3. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles;” 4. Woody Allen; 5. Professor Plum; 6. 1984; 7. Vikings and Ravens.
The Q Train: True or False Trivia
1. False, 43; 2. true; 3. false, all lost; 4. true; 5. true; 6. false, Mississippi; 7. true; 8. false, Asia; 9. false, Marvel; 10. false, Hawaii.
1. nine; 2. 1994; 3. seven; 4. middle; 5. Spiro Agnew; 6. octopus; 7. Neptune.
1. Charlotte, NC; 2. wine; 3. ACLU; 4. Ezekiel; 5. Stephen King.