We had 14 teams in for Trivia Night last night, as we had a Valentine's Day themed Special Category and Q Train lightning round. The scores for both rounds were generally on the higher side for most teams. We had a four-team horse race going into IQ Trivia, and the possibility of a four-way tie at the end was there (the teams were separated by just two points), as that has never happened before. But the team of Turkey Club got 4 of the 5 IQ Trivia questions correct, and finished with 48 points and the victory. Congrats to Bob and Cato on a great win.
Second place went to Professor Thom's Bar-Crossed Lovers with 44 points (they also won Best Team Name, and it was their second straight second place finish), and third place was a tie between DIMS and Oh-Yum with 43 points (Oh-Yum won the tie-breaker).
1. What country recently passed a new defamation law that makes it illegal there to accuse that the country was complicit with the Nazis in the Holocaust?
2. What Grammy-winning recording legend gave a lengthy rambling interview to Vulture magazine claiming among many things that he once dated Ivanka Trump and knows who killed JFK?
3. Which Ivy League school said last week it will not be rescinding the honorary degree it gave Bill Cosby in 2003 because it has never rescinded one before?
4. Jimmy Garoppolo, the QB on what NFL team, signed a 5-year, $137.5 million deal last week, the largest contract in NFL history?
5. What retail chain announced that they will no longer sell CDs in their stores and will remove them by July 1st?
6. Redmond Gerard won the first gold medal for the USA on Sunday at the Winter Olympics in what sport?
7. Reg E. Cathey, a character actor who won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for what TV show in 2015, died last Friday at the age of 59?
1. "Places in the Heart" was a 1984 film that what actress won her second Best Actress Oscar for?
2. "Heart of Darkness" was an 1899 novella written by what British author?
3. "The Heart of Rock 'n' Roll" was a 1984 Top 10 hit song bt what San Francisco-based rock band?
4. "The Tell Tale Heart" was a 19th century short story by what American author?
5. "Achy Breaky Heart" was a 1992 hit song by what country artist?
6. "Crazy Heart" was a 2009 film that what actor won a Best Actor Oscar?
7. "The Heartbreakers" was the backing band for what Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame rock star?
The Q Train: Number One Songs With Love In The Title
1. Love Takes Time (1990)
2. A Groovy Kind of Love (1988)
3. That's the Way Love Goes (1993)
4. I Knew I Loved You (2000)
5. The Greatest Love of All (1986)
6. You Give Love a Bad Name (1986)
7. Justify My Love (1991)
8. Love Yourself (2016)
9. Crazy In Love (2003)
10. I'll Make Love To You ( 1994)
1. Besides Mercury, which other planet in our universe has no moons? ( 1 pt)
2. 31,538,000 seconds is approximately equal to what length of time? ( 1 pt)
3. What animal is in the logo of the World Wildlife Fund? ( 1 pt)
4. A cube has how many total edges? ( 2 pt)
5. Who has been the band leader on "The Tonight Show" since 2014? ( 2 pt)
6. What insect was named to honor the Virgin Mary? ( 2 pt)
7. "The Dismal Science" is a derogatory term for what academic subject? ( 3 pt)
1. Who was the first pope to make an official visit to the United States? ( 4 points)
2. Stanley Ann Dunham was the mother of what famous American man? ( 4 points)
3. What 21st century pop group is the only music group to have their first three albums debut at number 1 on the Billboard 200? ( 5 points)
4. What iconic book and movie character got its name from a birdwatching book its author discovered it in? ( 3 points)
5.What 1961 movie ranks as the number one "must-see romantic movie" for Valentine's Day, according to Netflix audience scores? (4 points)
1. Poland; 2. Quincy Jones; 3. Yale; 4. San Francisco 49ers; 5. Best Buy; 6. snowboarding; 7. "House of Cards."
1. Sally Field; 2. Joseph Conrad; 3. Huey Lewis & The News; 4. Edgar Allan Poe; 5. Billy Ray Cyrus; 6. Jeff Bridges; 7. Tom Petty.
The Q Train: Number 1 Songs With Love In The Title
1. Mariah Carey; 2. Phil Collins; 3. Janet Jackson; 4. Savage Garden; 5. Whitney Houston; 6. Bon Jovi; 7. Madonna; 8. Justin Bieber; 9. Beyonce; 10. Boyz II Men.
1. Venus; 2. one year; 3. panda; 4. twelve; 5. Questlove; 6. ladybug; 7. economics.
1. Pope Paul VI; 2. Barack Obama; 3. One Direction; 4. James Bond; 5."Breakfast at Tiffany's."