Congratulations to the team of Kidnapping In Kyrgystan, who won Tuesday Night Trivia tonight and will represent The Mad Hatter at the 2013 NYC Trivia Championship next Monday night at Jack Doyle's against 15 other teams. They ended the night with 46 points and a four-point win. All the best to Alex and all his friends, who are some of my loyalest Trivia players, and hoping the win the whole schbang next week!
Second place went to Cheers, Mayor deBlasio with 46 points, and third place went to Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Sanjaya! with 34 points.
1. Tina Fey and Amy Pohler will be hosting what awards show they previously hosted, in both 2014 and 2015?
2. What American sports team billionaire owner was cleared of charges of insider trading recently?
3. What world leader was recently selected as the most powerful person in the world by Forbes magazine?
4. Tony Abbott, the prime minister of what country, declared last week that his country's involvement in the war in Afghanistan to be officially over?
5. What Middle Eastern country was elected to the UN Security Council recently, but declined their seat?
6. What eastern state became the 14th to allow same-sex marriage in the US last month?
7. What R&B star was recently arrested on a felony assault charge after he was involved in a fight outside a Washington DC hotel?
1. Besides FDR, who is the only other man who has been on four winning presidential tickets?
2. What 19th century president was the last sitting vice-president elected to the Oval Office until George H. W. Bush was elected in 1988?
3. Who was the only man elected president who lost both the electoral vote and the popular vote?
4. What state did Richard Nixon unsuccessfully run for governor in 1962, and memorably said, "you won't have Nixon to kick around any more?"
5. Who did Ed Koch defeat in a runoff primary election for New York's mayor in 1977, and later in the general election when he ran on the Liberal party line?
6. What is the earliest possible day that Election Day can be held in November?
7. How many states did Barack Obama win when he was re-elected president in 2012?
1-25 Trivia ("The Q Trivia")
1. This number is needed to win a game of badminton or table tennis.
2. A total of this many men walked on the moon.
3. Abraham Lincoln was this number US president.
4. This is the number of frames per second at which motion picture film is usually produced.
5. Jim Carrey starred in a 2007 film about an obsession with this number.
6. Aquarius is this number sign of the Zodiac.
7. This is the number of points on a Star of David.
8. This is the number of holes in a stipulated round of golf.
9. At the Last Supper, there were this many people around the table.
10. This number has been retired for MLB Hall of Famers Ted Williams and Reggie Jackson.
1. What Zodiac sign is most of the month of March associated with? ( 1 pt)
2. Madagascar is off the coast of what continent? ( 1 pt)
3. Who played Willy Wonka in the 2005 version of the 1971 film "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? ( 1 pt).
4. In what century did the Earth's population reach one billion? ( 2 pt)
5. "Lido Shuffle" was hit song in 1976 for what male pop singer? ( 2 pt)
6. What country worked on building the Panama Canal before the US and failed in the 19th century? ( 2 pt)
7. What was the last film to win Oscars in the "Big Five" Academy Award categories? ( 3 pt)
1. What is the only Central American country without a coastline on the Caribbean Sea? ( 4 points)
2. What eastern US state has led the nation the last seven straight years where motorists are most likely to strike a deer? ( 5 points)
3. Besides France, what other country claims credit for inventing French Fries? ( 4 points)
4. The Siege of Tobruk was an eight month confrontation that took place during what war? ( 4 points)
5. What is the only US state flag that features the union flag of the United Kingdom on it? ( 3 points)
1. Golden Globes; 2. Mark Cuban; 3.Vladimir Putin; 4. Australia; 5. Saudi Arabia; 6. New Jersey; 7. Chris Brown.
1. Richard Nixon; 2. Martin Van Buren; 3. John Quincy Adams; 4. California; 5. Mario Cuomo; 6. November 2; 7. twenty-six.
1-25 Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. 21; 2. 12; 3. 16; 4. 24; 5. 23; 6. 11; 7. 6; 8. 18; 9. 13; 10. 9.
1. Pisces; 2. Africa; 3.Johnny Depp; 4. 19th century; 5. Boz Scaggs; 6. France; 7. "The Silence of the Lambs."
1. El Salvador; 2. West Virginia; 3. Belgium; 4. World War II; 5. Hawaii.