Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Eleven Years Ago Today


I hope you will all say a prayer for the 168 victims of the Oklahoma City bombing that occurred 11 years ago today. At the remembrance services going on today in Oklahoma City will be representatives of the 9/11 community, including some of my friends from the WTC United Family Group, of which I am a proud member. Although I have never seen it live in person, the memorial for the victims (19 of which were children) is incredibly beautiful: 168 chairs, which light up at night.

I've had the honor and pleasure of meeting many of the Oklahoma City bombing victims' family members at the four September 11 remembrances in Lower Manhattan, and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. They have been through some of the most horrific experiences imaginable, and their strength, courage and caring have been very inspiring to me. I'll never be able to thank them enough for all they did for all of us who lost someone we loved at the World Trade Center, and I will see many of them again at the next remembrance at Ground Zero in September.

May God bless all of them. The 168 of Oklahoma City will never, ever be forgotten.

No comments: