We had another terrific night of Trivia on Thursday night, with no freezes and most of the usual suspects playing along. We had a great race to the finish, as three teams were tied for the lead heading into IQ Trivia. But Jen Kilburn and her team pulled out the win, running the table in that final round and ending up with 50 points. Congratulations to them on a fine victory, and I'll see you all again next Thursday night!
1. What NL team has won the most World Series?
2. What Red Sox Hall of Famer got his 3000th hit against the Yankees in 1979?
3. What Yankees player won the most World Series in history with 10?
4. When Barry Bonds broke the single season home run record in 2001, who’s record did he break?
5. The Mets won their last pennant in what year?
6. What NL team did the Yankees defeat to win their last World Series in 2009?
7. What NL team plays their games at Petco Park?
NYC Movies Trivia
1. Gene Hackman won his first Oscar for playing a hardnose NY detective in what 1971 film?
2. “Dog Day Afternoon” was a 1975 film starring Al Pacino as a bank robber who tries to heist a bank in what NYC borough?
3. The 2007 film “American Gangster” was based on a NY drug dealer Frank Lucas and what Oscar-winning actor played Lucas?
4. What 1977 NY-based film did Woody Allen receive his only nomination for Best Actor?
5. In the 2004 film “The Terminal”, what actor starred as an Eastern European immigrant stranded at JFK?
6. What actor won an Oscar for Best Actor playing a struggling NY actor in the 1977 film “The Goodbye Girl”?
7. Between “New York, New York”, “Escape From New York” and “Gangs of New York”, which film wasn’t directed by Martin Scorsese?
The Q Train: Time Difference Trivia (From NYC)
1. Denver, CO
2. Tokyo, Japan
3. Phoenix, AZ
4. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5. Hong Kong
6. Honolulu, HI
7. Moscow, Russia
8. Paris, France
9. Sydney, Australia
10. Mexico City, Mexico
1. Mount St. Helen's is located in what US state? (1 pt)
2. What US state is the largest lobster producer? (1 pt)
3. Between the elephant, the dog and the mouse, which animal has the best sense of smell? ( 2 pt)
4. What private company is the largest employer in the US? (2 pt)
5. The first Winter Olympics were held in 1924 in what country? ( 2 pt)
6. What creature is featured on the Alfa Romeo logo? (2 pt)
7. How many US presidents have died in office? ( 3 pt)
1. According to Greek mythology, who was the first woman on Earth? ( 4 points)
2. Who is the only character in film that has won two different actors an Academy Award? ( 3 points)
3. What branch of the US Armed Forces uses the motto “Semper Paratus,” meaning “Always Ready”? (4 points)
4. What Asian country is the world’s second largest producer of coffee, accounting for 20% of the world’s coffee? (5 points)
5. Beethoven’s “Symphony No. 3” was written for what 19th century historical leader? (4 points)
1. St. Louis Cardinals; 2. Carl Yastrzemski; 3. Yogi Berra; 4. Mark McGwire; 5. 2015; 6. Philadelphia Phillies; 7. San Diego Padres.
NYC Movies Trivia
1. The French Connection; 2. Brooklyn; 3. Denzel Washington; 4. Annie Hall; 5. Tom Hanks; 6. Richard Dreyfuss; 7. Escape From New York.
The Q Train: Time Difference Trivia
1. 2; 2. 13; 3. 3; 4. 1; 5. 12; 6. 6; 7. 7; 8. 6; 9. 14; 10. 1.
1. Washington; 2. Maine; 3. Elephant; 4. Walmart; 5. France; 6. Snake; 7. Eight.
1. Pandora; 2. Vito Corleone; 3. Coast Guard; 4. Vietnam; 5. Napoleon Bonaparte.