We had a small turnout on Tuesday night for Trivia, with six teams taking part. The boys from DIMS won the night, rolling up 50 points and the victory. It was still close going into IQ Trivia, with the guys from Effervescence right behind them going into the round, but Ken and Michael got 4 of 5 correct to seal up the victory. The team of Boston Lemon Party sneaked up in the IQ round and wound up in second place with 39 points, with Effervescence right behind them with 38 points.
1. A subway fare hike in what South American country recently set off protestors and led to violent protests and the government to declare a state of emergency?
2. Four drug companies reached a settlement with what midwestern state in what was to be the first federal trial over the opioid crisis, a deal worth $260 million?
3. Congressman Tim Ryan of Ohio dropped out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race last week. How many Democrats are still in the race?
4. 39 Chinese nationals were found dead in a truck in what European country last week, and four men were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to traffic people and manslaughter?
5. What Oscar-winning actress was arrested for the third straight week last Friday at a climate change protest in Washington, DC?
6. What actress, known for her political tweets, tweeted and later deleted one last week attacking Sen. Rand Paul for his stance on the Kurds and to be "grateful for the neighbor who beat the shit out of him"?
7. What controversial musician gave an interview last week and called himself "unquestionably, undoubtedly the greatest human artist of all time"?
1. What midwestern US state produces 95% of all the pumpkins in the US?
2. In "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", who did Linus mistake for the Great Pumpkin?
3. In which European country did jack o'lanterns originate?
4. Which Halloween tradition originated from a Roman harvest festival that honors the goddess Pamona?
5. According to Candystore.com, what is the most popular Halloween candy for 2019?
6. According to Candtstore.com, what is the most hated Halloween candy for 2019?
7. Wiccaphobia is an abnormal and persistent fear of what?
The Q Train: Horror Films Trivia
1. The Shining
2. The Exorcist
4. The Blair Witch Project
5. The Cabin In The Woods
6. Rosemary's Baby
7. An American Werewolf In London
8. The Others
9. The Sixth Sense
1. What comic actor was the voice of "Shrek"? ( 1 pt)
2. What film studio has the lion as a mascot? ( 1 pt)
3. A polar bear's skin is what color? ( 1 pt)
4. Who were the Spartans fighting against in the film "300?" ( 2 pt)
5. Between New York, London and Rome, which city is not a “Big Four” Fashion Week city?( 2 pt)
6. How many years go by between Halley's Comet visits to Earth? ( 2 pt)
7. What is the only US state that borders both Texas and Tennessee? ( 3 pt)
1. What legendary Oscar-winning actor "died" in just eight of his more than 140 films, such as "The sands of Iwo Jima" and "The Alamo?" ( 3 points)
2. Santana and Jefferson Airplane were among the opening acts in a free concert on December 6, 1969 that was billed "Woodstock West." What band was the headliner? ( 4 points)
3. Italian physicist Alessandro Volta is credited with inventing what modern-day item in 1800? ( 4 points)
4. In the quirky 2013 film "This Is The End", what performs in the afterlife to conclude the movie? ( 4 points)
5. What red object has been the symbol of Britain's Labour Party since the 1980s? ( 5 points)
1. Chile; 2. Ohio; 3. 18; 4. England; 5. Jane Fonda; 6. Bette Midler; 7. Kanye West.
1. Illinois; 2. Snoopy; 3. Ireland; 4. bobbing for apples; 5. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups; 6. Candy Corn; 7. witches.
The Q Train: Horror Films Trivia
1. 1980s (1980); 2. 1970s (1973); 3. 2000s (2004); 4. 1990s (1999); 5. 2010s (2011); 6. 1960s (1968); 7. 1980s (1981); 8. 2000s (2001); 9. 1990s (1999); 10. 1970s (1978).
1. Mike Myers; 2. MGM; 3. black; 4. The Persians; 5. Rome; 6. 75-76 years; 7. Arkansas.
1. John Wayne; 2.The Rolling Stones; 3. battery; 4. The Backstreet Boys; 5. rose.