On the first Trivia Night of 2019, we had 11 teams in. It was a terrific night, and we had a great race to the finish between two teams: DIMS and Dumbs. And for the fifth straight Trivia Night, we had to break a tie, as both of those teams finished with 39 points and for the top spot. So, we broke the tie with this question: "How many total items are stored in the Library of Congress?" DIMS guessed 80 million, and they were the closest, as the actual number is 167 million. Congratulations to Ken, Michael and Karen (so nice seeing her back after a long absence from Trivia Night) on their victory.
Third place went to Don't Kid Yourself Would Be a Great Name For a Condom Company with 34 points (They also won for Best Team Name).
I also want to thank everyone in the bar last night who surprised me with a very nice round of "Happy Birthday" before the fifth round, and the very nice chocolate cupcake that was given to me by the lovely Neeru. I love you all!
1. Actor Alfonso Ribiero is suing the video game developers Fortnite over the use of a dance his character popularized on what hit 1990s sitcom?
2. Forbes magazine listed what filmmaker as the "Wealthiest Celebrity for 2018", with his estimated wealth of $5.4 billion?
3. What superstar female pop singer set a new single-day streaming record for Spotify with nearly 11 million listens on Christmas Eve?
4. Who did the AP select as their Male Athlete of the Year for 2018, and he became the fourth man to win the award three times?
5. What bankrupt retail chain plans to close 80 stores in March as it faced the possibly being liquidated, but a last-minute deal today keeps it open?
6. What late singer's estate owes $6.3 million in unpaid taxes and $1.5 million in penalties over the last six years of her life?
7. What controversial comedian did a routine in NYC last month that outraged many, including making jokes about the Parkland shooting victims?
2018 Movies Trivia
1. What film won the Academy Award for Best Picture at the 2018 Oscars?
2. What classic HBO crime series is getting a prequel film, it was announced in early 2018?
3. What actor portrayed Scott Lang in the 2018 film "Ant-Man and the Wasp?"
4. What Disney film was the highest-grossing film of 2018 worldwide, grossing over $2 billion?
5. Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett starred together in what hit 2018 film?
6. What Oscar-nominated actor made his directorial debut in the 2018 film "A Star Is Born?"
7. Rami Malek starred in a 2018 movie about what late entertainer?
The Q Train: 1-10 Trivia
1. How many moons does the planet Mars have?
2. How many total "Home Alone" movies were made?
3. Meryl Streep has won this total number of Oscars in her stories career.
4. Jamie Lee Curtis has appeared in how many films in the "Halloween" franchise?
5. The decathlon consists of this many track and field events.
6. Hall of Fame athletes Yogi Berra and Kobe Bryant wore this number.
7. Sagittarius is this number sign of the Zodiac.
8. Tetraphobia is the fear of this number.
9. Nitrogen has this atomic number.
10. This is the number of Super Bowls won by the New York Jets in their history.
1. "Stayin' Alive" was a 1983 sequel to what hit movie? ( 1 pt)
2. When was the last time the Summer and Winter Olympics were both played in the same year? ( 1 pt)
3. The world's largest library is located in what US city? ( 1 pt)
4. The eve of what holiday is ranked as the biggest drinking night of the year in the US? ( 2 pt)
5. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!" is a famous line from what 1960s film? ( 2 pt)
6. How many tablespoons are in a cup in the US? ( 2 pt)
7. At what temperature do Fahrenheit and Celsius match? ( 3 pt)
1. The 14th of July Revolution took place in 1958 in what Middle Eastern country? ( 4 points)
2. What team sport used the term "home run" before baseball? ( 3 points)
3. Who was the first US president to make a declaration of war? ( 4 points)
4. The 1999 film "10 Things I Hate About You" was based on what Shakespeare play? (4 points)
5. Britton Hill, at 345 feet, is the lowest high point of any US state, and is found in what state? ( 5 points)
1. "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air;" 2. George Lucas; 3. Mariah carey; 4. LeBron James; 5. Sears; 6. Aretha Franklin; 7. Louis CK.
2018 Movies Trivia
1. "The Shape of Water;" 2. "The Sopranos;" 3. Paul Rudd; 4. "Avengers: Infinity War;" 5. "Ocean's 8;" 6. Bradley Cooper; 7. Freddie Mercury.
The Q Train: 1-10 Trivia
1. 2; 2. 6; 3. 3; 4. 5; 5. 10; 6. 8; 7. 9; 8. 4; 9. 7; 10. 1.
1. "Saturday Night Fever;" 2. 1992; 3. Washington, DC; 4. Thanksgiving; 5. "Dr. Stranglove;" 6. 16; 7. -40 degrees.
1. Iraq; 2. cricket; 3. James Madison; 4. "The Taming of the Shrew;" 5. Florida.