It was a hot night in New York last night, and many of the regulars were not in for Trivia. I'm guessing many are on vacation or just took a break for now. We had 8 teams in, and it got off to a slow start, as the scores were rather low for the first two categories. But the boys from DIMS got rolling after that, and won handily, getting 49 points and the victory. Congrats to Ken and Darek on their win.
Second place went to The Djoubooties (my softball buddies) with 35 points, and third place went to Oops, I Did It A-Quinn (who also won for Best Team Name) with 31 points.
1. What Oscar-nominated actor was dropped by his talent agency by email on July 4th over what he feels is the conservative views he posts on his Twitter account?
2. A new study released by Durham University in the UK confirmed that some of the odd attributes of what planet were caused by being struck by an object twice the size of Earth?
3. What retail giant last week yanked shirts saying "Impeach 45" from its onlin store after a Twitter uproar and threats of a boycott?
4. Scott Pruitt, head of what government agency, resigned last week after ethics officials had been pushing for individual investigations of his tenure?
5. What rock star canceled the remainder of his European tour last week after undergoing surgery for removal of a malignant tumor?
6. What often-controversial talk show announced it is ending its run after 27 years and over 4000 shows?
7. What rapper's new album generated 745 million on-demand audio streams in the US for its songs in its release week, a new record?
Pop Music Trivia
1. "The A-Team" was a 2011 hit song by what pop singer about an addicition to crack cocaine?
2. Pop singer Alecia Moore was born in Puerto Rico in 1979 and by what one-word name is she known by?
3. In 1985, what British pop duo became the first Western pop group to perform in China?
4. Cameron Crowe's 2011 documentary "Twenty" is a film about what rock band?
5. John Bonham was what classic rock band's drummer?
6. In 1988, what future female pop star was runner-up on "Star Search" with a version of Whitney Houston's "The Greatest Love of All"?
7. "Your Love Is King" was the first hit single in 1984 from what female soul singer?
The Q Train: Celebrity Country of Birth Trivia
1. Hugh Jackman
2. Penelope Cruz
4. Albert Pujols
5. Roger Federer
6. Eddie Van Halen
7. Ryan Reynolds
8. Gloria Estefan
9. Cristiano Ronaldo
10. Christoph Waltz
1. What NBA legend played the co-pilot in the classic comedy film "Airplane"? ( 1 pt)
2. Who was the first solo female host of the Academy Awards ceremony? ( 1 pt)
3. What blood type do you need to be a universal donor? ( 1 pt)
4. What world capital city was once known as Edo? ( 2 pt)
5. What is the only continent without a desert? ( 2 pt)
6. The featured characters in the children's book "Watership Down" are what type of animal? ( 2 pt)
7. What European country flies the oldest continuously used national flag, nearly 800 years? ( 3 pt)
1. What country is located on the Anatolian Peninsula? ( 5 points)
2. The Rosetta Stone can be found in what museum? ( 4 points)
3. What is the deadliest animal in Africa, which kills over 3,000 people a year? ( 3 points)
4. What denomination of US money was first printed in 1862, discontinued in 1966, and ordered again in 1976? ( 4 points)
5. A failed 1944 German conspiracy called "The July Plot" inspired what Tom Cruise 2008 film? ( 4 points)
1. James Woods; 2. Uranus; 3. Walmart; 4. EPA; 5. Elvis Costello; 6. Jerry Springer Show; 7. Drake.
Pop Music Trivia
1. Ed Sheeran; 2. Pink; 3. Wham; 4. Pearl Jam; 5. Led Zeppelin; 6. Christina Aguilera; 7. Sade.
The Q Train: Celebrity Country of Birth
1. Australia; 2. Spain; 3. Barbados; 4. Dominican Republic; 5. Switzerland; 6. Netherlands; 7. Canada; 8. Cuba; 9. Portugal; 10. Austria.
1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar; 2. Whoopi Goldberg; 3. O; 4. Tokyo; 5. Europe; 6. rabbits; 7. Denmark.
1. Turkey; 2. The British Museum; 3. hippopotamus; 4. $2 bill; 5. "Valkyrie."