Monday, December 31, 2012

Out With The Old, In With The New


This is the 4,179th post of The Mighty Quinn Media Machine, and the 445th and final post for 2012. I want to thank you all for your wonderful support for this site of mine, as we end our 7th calendar year.

The number of posts I've written continues to decline as the years have gone on, and I think that might be due to Facebook and Twitter, and even to the Red Sox not going to the playoffs the last three years.

New Year's is generally a fairly quiet holiday for me, as I usually spend it watching the marathons on TV. This year is a special one, as not only will the "Twilight Zone" and "The Honeymooners" marathons be going, but WLNY is having an "Odd Couple" marathon beginning at midnight. I've had to adjust my DVR to record the shows at different times, as you can't record two shows at the same time without watching one of them (unless your TV is off, so the middle night is no problem).

When I was young, I used to watch Dick Clark and the ball drop from Times Square on ABC every year. But after Dick's stroke, and the musicians of little talent who came to dominate the show, which was then hijacked by Ryan Seacrest, I gave it a permanent pass. Rest in peace, Dick.

But it is still a great pleasure to write this blog. Thanks to all of you who stop by here regularly, or just once in a while.

I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous 2013.

No comments: