There were 22 teams in for Trivia on Tuesday night, a night when it was cold and a bit rainy, but that doesn't keep my Trivia regulars away, no sir!
The numbers were rather strong for Current Events, but evened out a bit for Movies Trivia. General Knowledge had some good numbers, and we had five teams within four points of the lead. But we had something unusual happen. A team outside the Top 5 roared past everyone and grabbed a win. Mr. Team not only won, but won easily, by five points with a total of 49. They got all 5 IQ Trivia questions correct, and only one other team got as many as three correct. Congrats to Alex and his friends on the great comeback win.
Second place went to I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus' Lap with 44 points, and third went to I Like My Women Like I Like My Fiscal Cliffs: Big & Irresponsible with 42 points.
Best Team Name: I Can't Believe I Skipped Masturbating For This
1. What video eclipsed Justin Bieber's "Baby" as the most viewed video of all time on YouTube this past weekend, with over 817 million views?
2. Ajmad Kasab, the only surviving attacker captured during terrorist attacks in 2008 in what foreign city, was hanged last week after his mercy petition was rejected?
3. 112 people were killed in a garment factory fire in which Asian country last Sunday?
4. What rock band celebrated their 50th anniversary with sold-out shows in London this past weekend, their first live shows in five years?
5. A construction company announced recently that it plans to build the tallest building in the world, 2,749 feet and 220 stories, next year in only 90 days in what country?
6. TMZ reported this past weekend that what controversial celebrity wrote a $100,000 check to Lindsay Lohan to relieve her tax problems?
7. What Oscar-winning actress got a restraining order against her ex-boyfriend after he and her current fiance got into a brawl at her home on Thanksgiving Day?
1. Marilyn Monroe won a Golden Globe in 1960 for what comedy film?
2. What 1979 comedy film was nearly not made and was rescued at the last minute when it was financed by ex-Beatle George Harrison?
3. What is director Steven Spielberg's highest-grossing film ever in the US?
4. What film is the highest-grossing movie in the US at the box office in 2012?
5. What 2005 film told the inspiring story of boxing champion James J. Braddock?
6. "Mean Streets" and "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore" are two of the earliest films made by which Oscar-winning director?
7. What are the only two sequels to win the Oscar for Best Picture?
Did They Reach 40 Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Hector "Macho" Camacho
2. Jerry Garcia
3. Princess Diana
4. John Lennon
5. John F. Kennedy Jr.
6. Bernie Mac
7. Keith Moon
8. Martin Luther King
9. Bob Marley
10. Judy Garland
1. What female singer was the first winner on the TV show "American Idol?" ( 1 pt)
2. "Wild Blue Yonder" is the official song of what branch of the US military? ( 1 pt)
3. Gangster John Dillinger was killed by the FBI in 1934 in what US city? ( 1 pt)
4. What Beatles hit song has been covered over 1,000 times, the most of any song in history? ( 2 pt)
5. What NFL team has won the most Super Bowls? ( 2 pt)
6. "The Best Is Yet To Come" is enscribed on the tombstone of what legendary American entertainer? (2 pt)
7. What is the most commonly used word in written English? ( 2 pt)
1. What future Oscar-winning director was the director of the first episode of "Columbo", the TV police drama that starred Peter Falk, in 1971? ( 5 points)
2. World Peace Day is observed annually during what month? ( 4 points)
3. Alaska and what other US state are the only ones to never record a temperature above 100 degrees in recorded history? ( 3 points)
4. What Oregon-based company was founded in 1964 as "Blue Ribbon Sports" and changed to its current name in 1978? ( 4 points)
5. Senator Edmund Muskie of Maine was the running mate with what unsuccessful 20th century presidential candidate? ( 4 points)
1. "Gangnam Style;" 2. Mumbai; 3. Bangladesh; 4. The Rolling Stones; 5. China; 6. Charlie Sheen; 7. Halle Berry.
1. "Some Like It Hot;" 2. "Life of Brian;" 3. "ET;" 4. "The Avengers;" 5. "Cinderella Man;" 6. Martin Scorsese; 7. "The Godfather Part II" and "The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King."
Did They Reach 40 Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. yes (50); 2. yes (53); 3. no (36); 4. yes (40); 5. no (38); 6. yes (50); 7. no (32); 8. no (39); 9. no (36); 10. yes (47).
1. Kelly Clarkson; 2. Air Force; 3. Chicago; 4. "Yesterday;" 5. Pittsburgh Steelers; 6. Frank Sinatra; 7. the.
1. Steven Spielberg; 2. September 21; 3. Hawaii; 4. Nike; 5. Hubert Humphrey.