Friday, March 24, 2006

SportsNet New York

Late yesterday, SportsNet New York was added to my cable subscription service, which is Cablevision of New York City. SNY is the new cable home of the New York Mets, as the Mets have followed the route the Yankees took with the YES Network and added a brand new cable network, which they own. SNY began on March 16 on Time Warner cable, which co-owns SNY with the Mets. Fortunately Mets fans with Cablevision did not have to endure what Yankee fans with Cablevision in 2002 had to. That season those fans couldn't see it because of the war between YES and Cablevision that kept it off their TVs. This winter there was a similar threat that Mets fans would be shut out too and have to resort to satellite dishes and other means to see the Mets on TV.

I'll be pleased to let my dad in Florida know that any nightmares he may have had about not seeing the Mets on cable this year will not materalize. I was getting nervous there for a minute. The cable companies don't exactly rate high on my list of trustworthy individuals.

4 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

Dolan doesn't want to totally piss everyone off at him;
I have just officially joined Red Sox Nation, card & all;
That's now on my blog;
So far, I've liked SNY, which is more like NESN, instead of YES.

BklynSoxFan said...

I watched most of today's Mets-Cardinals game on SNY and enjoyed the presentation very much. Gary Cohen and Keith Hernandez are a very good team, like Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy on NESN. I'm glad to see Mex getting more games to call with SNY, as I always enjoyed his analysis on FSN.

I haven't joined the Sox' Red Sox Nation club yet. Congrats for taking the plunge, Mike!

Michael Leggett said...

@ least it doesn't sound anything like "Al-Yankeezeera" (YES).
Mex once called a game on MSG & blasted the team's play.
Mex was also quite good with Kenny Albert on FOX Saturday Baseball;
Albert also paired up well with Jerry Remy On FOX;
Mets Red Sox in NYC will be on SNY in NY.Thank Goodness that SNY isn't like YES.

Michael Leggett said...

John, Join RSN-take the plunge. Thanks!