We had a terrific turnout on Tuesday night, with 18 teams in, and a very raucous Trivia crowd at that. Everybody was really into it, and the scores reflected that. We had a four-way tie going into the IQ Trivia round, and I don't believe that has ever happened before. But the team of Admiral Crunch pulled out the victory, as they got 4 of 5 correct in the round to win it all, with 46 points. Congrats to them on their first ever Tuesday Night Trivia victory.
Second place went to DIMSUM with 43 points, and third place went to Mike Pence's Gay Wet Dream (who jumped over a whole bunch of teams by also getting 4 of 5 correct at the end) with 39 points.
Best Team Name: You May Run Like Mays, But You Hit Like Shit
1. What man was listed number one on the recent controversial list ESPN the Magazine published "The Dominant 20", the most dominant athletes of the last 20 years?
2. Charles Lazarus, who founded what retail chain in 1948 and remained as CEO until 1994, died last Thursday at the age of 94?
3. President Trump named former UN ambassador John Bolton to what cabinet position last Friday?
4. Pedro Pablo Kuczynski, president of what South American country, resigned last week over a corruption scandal, and is the third president from that country to resign?
5. What comedienne cursed out Jimmy Kimmel on his late night TV show last week when he brought up Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton to her?
6. The US Postal Service released a stamp honoring what legendary children's TV host last Friday?
7. Wayne Huizenga, an entrepreneur who owned Blockbuster Video, died last week at the age of 80. He also owned three pro sports teams in three different sports, all based in what US city?
1. How many teams did Babe Ruth play for his storied MLB career? a. 1; b. 2; c. 3; d. 4.
2. Who did the New York Yankees defeat in 2009 to win their last World Series? a. Atlanta Braves; b. Philadelphia Phillies; c. New York Mets; d. Chicago Cubs.
3. How many teams currently play their home games in Canada? a. 0; b. 1; c. 2; d. 3.
4. Who was the last man to bat .400 in an MLB season? a. Joe DiMaggio; b. Tony Gwynn; c. Ichiro Suzuki; d. Ted Williams.
5. Which of the following teams have never won a World Series? a. Colorado Rockies; b. Arizona Diamondbacks; c. Toronto Blue Jays; d. Kansas City Royals.
6. Who is the only player to have his number retired throughtout MLB? a. Babe Ruth; b. Jackie Robinson; c. Roberto Clemente; d. Ty Cobb.
7. Who is the only team to come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a postseason series in 7 games? a. Atlanta Braves; b. New York Mets; c. Chicago Cubs; d. Boston Red Sox.
The Q Train: Current TV Characters Trivia
1. Olivia Pope
2. Dana Scully
3. Jay Pritchett
4. Lt. Olivia Benson
5. Bobby Axelrod
6. Frank Reagan
7. Howard Silk
8. Sheldon Cooper
9. Elzabeth Jennings
10. Jon Snow
1. What US state is known as the Volunteer State? ( 1 pt)
2. What two countries share the longest undefended border? ( 1 pt)
3. For what month is emerald the birthstone? ( 1 pt)
4. What is the most used letter in the English language? (2 pt)
5. Since 1998, William Shatner has been the TV spokesman for what website? ( 2 pt)
6. What US cabinet department oversees the US Park Service? ( 2 pt)
7. What reality TV star holds the record for the most liked post ever on Instagram earlier this year? ( 3 pt)
1. Mt. Elbrus, the highest mountain in Europe, is located in what country? ( 4 points)
2. What 1950s Oscar-winning actress was the first actress ever to appear on a US postage stamp? ( 4 points)
3. What does the letter "E" stand for in the name of the family restaurant Chuck E. Cheese? ( 5 points)
4. What rock star won his only Grammy in 1992 with the song "I Do It For You" from the film "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves?" ( 3 points)
5. The popular drink ouzo can only be produced in Greece and what other country? ( 4 points)
1. Tiger Woods; 2. Toys "R' Us; 3. National Security Adviser; 4. Peru; 5. Roseanne Barr; 6. Mister Rogers; 7. Miami.
1. c; 2. b; 3. b; 4. d; 5. a; 6. b; 7. d.
The Q Train: Current TV Characters Trivia
1. Scandal; 2. The X-Files; 3. Modern Family; 4. Law & Order SVU; 5. Billions; 6. Blue Bloods; 7. Counterpart; 8. The Big Bang Theory; 9. The Americans; 10. Game of Thrones.
1. Tennessee; 2. Us and Canada; 3. May; 4. E; 5. Priceline; 6. Dept. of the Interior; 7. Kylie Jenner.
1. Russia; 2. Grace Kelly; 3. Entertainment; 4. Bryan Adams; 5. Cyprus.