The crowd was a bit lighter than in past weeks at the Caledonia for Trivia on Tuesday night. Maybe some folks were more interested in the World Series, the opening of the NBA season, or saving themselves for the Halloween celebrations on Friday night.
No matter, we still had a spirited group of folks come out for Trivia. The team of SuperNintendo Chalmers pulled out the win, as they were trailing going into IQ Trivia by two points, and were the only team to get 3 of 5 right in IQ Trivia, and won the night with 42 points and three-point margin of victory. Congrats to Larry and Tom on their win.
Second place went to Smell My Feet with 39 points, and third place went to Dental Damn Yankees (who also won for Best Team Name) with 31 points.
1. "Goodfellas" actor Frank Sivero filed a $250 million lawsuit against current what TV series last week, claiming the show based a character on his most famous role?
2. Toys R Us pulled the action figure toys from what TV series after they received an online petition from over 9,000 signers protesting the stores selling the figures?
3. What recent Oscar-winning actor was recently chosen to star in a biopic about Apple founder Steve Jobs?
4. A driver knocked over a Ten Commandments monument in the capital city of what state last week, a monument that the ACLU had been suing to have removed?
5. Legendary rock guitarist Jack Bruce died last Saturday at the age of 71. What rock group was he part of with Eric Clapton in the late 1960s?
6. A South African court sentenced former Olympian Oscar Pistorius to how many years in prison for his girlfriend's murder last week?
7. Promising young rookie MLB player Oscar Taveras was killed on Sunday in a car crash with his girlfriend in the Dominican Republic. What NL team did he play for in 2014?
October 31st Trivia
1. On this day in 1941, Mt. Rushmore was officially completed. Of the four US presidents immortalized there, which one is second from the left?
2. In 1956, which two European countries began bombing Egypt to force them to reopen the Suez Canal, which they closed two days earlier?
3. In 2011 on this date, the United Nations announced that the world population had reached what landmark number?
4. On this day in 1860, Juliette Gordon Low was born. She founded what American youth organization?
5. In 1864, what western US state joined the Union and became the 36th US state?
6. On this day in 1992, what astronomer & physicist was reinstated by the Roman Catholic Church after he was found guilty of heresy charges 359 years earlier?
7. Actor/director Peter Jackson was born on this day in 1961. For which film did he wain an Oscar for Best Director in 2003?
Horror Films Trivia ("The Q Train") (Name the decade)
2. Night of the Living Dead
4. The Blair Witch Project
6. Interview With a Vampire
7. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
8. The Exorcist
9. Friday the 13th
1. Who won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for "Goodfellas?" ( 1 pt)
2. The Tampa Bay Lightning play in what sports league? ( 1 pt)
3. The Jetta TDI is a model of what car manufacturer? ( 1 pt)
4. What constellation is known as the Archer? ( 2 pt)
5. What pop singer wore a "meat dress" at the 2010 MTV Music Awards? ( 2 pt)
6. In which field of medicine is amniocentesis used? ( 2 pt)
7. What US state is the most densely populated state in the US? ( 3 pt)
1. What veteran entertainer is credited by Guinness World Records with logging the most hours on US television? ( 3 points)
2. "You'll Never Walk Alone" was a number one hit in the UK in 1964 by what British Invasion pop group? ( 5 points)
3. The Roman province of Lusitania is today made up of nearly all of what Western European country? ( 4 points)
4. In 2006, a National Geographic map had soccer as the most popular sport in nearly every nation in the world. What team sport tops the list in just three: Latvia, Lithuania and the Philippines? ( 4 points)
5. The Battle of Leyte Gulf, which is widely considered the largest naval battle in history, occurred during what war? ( 4 points)
1. "The Simpsons;" 2. "Breaking Bad;" 3. Christian Bale; 4. Oklahoma; 5. Cream; 6. five; 7. St. Louis Cardinals.
October 31st Trivia
1. Thomas Jefferson; 2. Britain and France; 3. 7 billion; 4. Girl Scouts; 5. Nevada; 6. Galileo Galilei; 7. "The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King."
Horror Films Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. 1960s (1960); 2. 1960s (1968); 3. 1980s (1982); 4. 1990s (1999); 5. 1970s (1978); 6. 1990s (1994); 7. 1950s (1956); 8. 1970s (1973); 9. 1980s (1980); 10. 2000s (2004).
1. Joe Pesci; 2. NHL; 3. Volkswagen; 4. Sagittarius; 5. Lady Gaga; 6. obstetrics; 7. New Jersey.
1. Regis Philbin; 2. Gerry and the Pacemakers; 3. Portugal; 4. basketball; 5. World War II.